[ST] RE: RS Pipe Blue

Hi All,
As I was shining the RS up for our annual RAT club ride down to the South
African leg of the MotoGP, I discovered a cure for my RS's pipe blues.

In an attemp to remove a small shoe sole burn from my stainless cannister I
got hold of a tube of  Amway metal cleaner (which my wife got from
somewhere) and applied a small amount to the burn mark. when I rinsed it of,
it not only removed the black rubber burn, it also changed the color of the
area on which it was applied and when dry, the rest of the can seemed
yellow. So I promptly applied the wonder paste to the rest of the can, low
and behold, it looked as bright and shiny as new.
So what's the next step... No It couldn't I thought to myself... well let's
try anyway. I took a brush and applied a thick coat to the (*very* blue)
headers, taking care not to let the paste get on any painted or powder
coated areas, waited a while, rinse, dry, repeat and be amazed!
Perfectly polshed headers without any blueing. I am not kidding!

Sunday I took the 500 mile round trip to Phakisa Freeway for the MotoGP and
even after some serious fast sections (130+ m/h) the blue has not returned.

Tips for trying this yourself:
1. Avoid painted sections.
2. the product only work on dry surfaces use a dry brush or cloth
3. use small brush to apply to collector
4. leave the paste on for at least 10 min.
5. you will need to repeat a few times to get the collector spotless
6. water neutralises the paste so be sure to rinse your hands (it will bite
broken skin)

Regards
Gerrit
Yellow '01 RS