[ST] Re: hrm, may have...RS and Race-Tech.

From: brd <brd@xxxxxxx>

>Well, I thought I had it all figured out, until I sat on an ST
>yesterday.  I'd previously just looked at them and sat on one
>briefly, but I had them put the bike up on the centerstand and
>I climbed on.  If I'm back in the seat, I'm okay, but if I
>slide forward any, my knees hit the side fairing (I'm 6'4").

If this is the only thing holding you back from the ST, I suggest you take
it for a test ride.  I'm also 6'4", and when I tried the ST for size in the
showroom, I also hit my knees when I slid all the way forward.  However for
reasons I'm not quite sure of, I've never touched the fairing while riding.
I guess it has something to do with how your body balances when riding or
something.  It may be the same with you and might be worth a spin on the ST
before you decide.

On a related note, the extra inch back that Corbin seats have (which has
been commented on recently) is great if you are over 6'.  Also I got my seat
on time, and as intended (no adjustments necessary).

Who was it that was experimenting with different Race-Tech setups?  Was it
Beemer Erik?  What oil weight was the end product?

- -John Hickman
Red '99 ST
Lexington, KY