[ST] off topic: UK geography

	I've been confused about some things and was wondering if someone on
the list might be able to clear them up for me. Let's see now, the entire
country is called the United Kingdom (UK), which includes some territories
around the globe from the Imperialist era. Looking at a map of "mainland" UK
(my term), it is divided into England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Are they separate political entities, like states in the United States? Is
Ireland a separate country, and only Northern Ireland part of the UK? And what
exactly does "Britain" refer to? All of the UK? The "states" are subdivided
into what we would call counties - like Cumbria, Lancashire, et cetera. What
are they called there?

Just curious... TIA,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"