[ST] Tyres Again

I know there have been one or two threads on this and I have looked in the
database and at the FAQ's but I'm just a bit confused and since I'm probably
going to have to buy some new rubber soon I was hoping those with some
experience could give me their views.
I had Bridgestone 020s on my RS from new and personally have no complaint
with them. but in the MCN tests on the ST they were well down the list with
the Avon Azaro IIs at the top. Having checked the prices with my local tyre
shop the Azaros are cheaper (£180 for the AV35 &36 fitted against £209 for
the 020s). So it seems a simple choice but bearing in mind the different
performance reported on the various tyres when fitted to the VFR or the ST
can you assume that the Azaros will perform as well on the RS as the ST?
Roger Downham
00 RS Eclipse Blue