[ST] fuel gauge sender

In a message dated 4/25/01 9:56:45 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Does a crap fuel sender unit make an unreliable bike? I >don't believe
so...

Stu,

Actually, from my point of veiw yes. I am well versed in eyeballing my
mileage via odometer. I feel that Triumph should either fix it right or
delete the item from production. That said, I would not hesitate to
reccommend a Triumph or ST to anyone.

They have fixed it right. My '99 ST came with the innaccurate one, which,
however didn't leak, so I bore with it until information from the ST list
indicated that the latest replacement, with the red and green dots was good.
I had one installed at Rocket motorcycles in San Diego in January of this
year, under warranty, and tried it out on a trip to Daytona and back. It
works perfectly-ne leaks, and accurate, considering the shape of the gas
tank. The low fuel light comes on after I have used 4.7 gal, which gives me
about 35 miles to find a station.  Dave Collins, San Diego