Re: [ST] Test sporttourers

We have the same problem here in Australia because of the size of the
country but no populated area is without at least 1 dealer. That isn't to
say that it could easily be 250 miles between some of them but there could
only be 100 people living in the area so the chances of selling anything
other than dirt bikes is pretty small.
I keep hearing about all these American dealers that stop selling Triumphs,
it's puzzling because it doesn't seem to happen here.
Does anybody know what % of the total market Triumph have in the USA ?
Ashley
'00 Spondon 955i
'95 Speed Triple

> I moved to Charleston, South Carolina in January, very keen to buy a new
> Tiger and started looking for dealers.  Charleston is a big city but the
> only dealer here quit selling Triumph to concentrate on BMW & Honda; two
> other dealers about two hours from here have parted company from Triumph
and
> a third is about to.  The nearest dealer to me is now 250 miles away in a
> small town - haven't been there yet but I'm a bit nervous about buying
from
> them in case they also stop servicing Triumphs.
>
> I've heard various stories about why the dealers stopped selling Triumph -
> basically it seems that John Bloor wanted a large number of dealers in the
> US, succeeded initially in getting the number wanted but then somehow the
> deal isn't good enough for them to stay Triumph dealers.  As a Triumph
fan,
> I'm quite concerned about this - I actually sent a letter to Triumph UK
> about it a week ago, addressed to Bloor himself.  No response yet, but I
> expect he's more aware than I am of what's going on anyway!
>
> The distances between dealers in the US are much larger than in Europe.
I'm