Re: [ST] sprint st or st1100

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 09:03:40AM -0500, Darwin Holmstrom wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I'm a former ST1100 owner, and have some observations that might
> interest you.
>
> Sprint: -little more kneeroom (I'm tall)
>
> My wife has a Sprint RS, not an ST, but I find her Sprint has a lot
> more leg room than the ST1100. I was always bumping my knees on the
> fairing of the ST1100, and planned to order the knee pads before I
> sold it.

It seems to me the RS has an almost infinite amount of legroom, as
there's no fairing to bump your knees on.   The ST1100 and the ST seemed
very similar, but with the ST1100 being slightly roomier.

> You're right--either bike would be a terrific motorcycle. If you do
> mostly two-up riding, go with the Honda, but if you do 75 percent solo
> riding, I think the Triumph is a lot more fun.

Yeah, I think a lot of my decision will come down to having my wife ride
these bikes with me and see if she feels comfortable enough on them to
have any desire to do any touring with me.  If she doesn't, I'll
probably get an RS.

Laters,
Brian