Re: [ST] non ZX, but still bike question

Thomas Emberson wrote:

> A friend is looking at an '01 Katana 750 as a first road bike. He's
> been on the 9r, 6e, 11, ex500 several dirt bikes etc, and of course
> is trained. But this will be his first street bike to own.

Richard's brother, Russell, has a '99 Katana 750, and as far as I know
there have been no substantive changes.  I've ridden it.  It should be a
good city commuter as well as a good tourer.  Seating position is
slightly more extreme than the ST, but not by much. Risers could take
care of that if need be. It handles well, but, of course, does not have
as much "get up and go" as the ST, but definitely enough to keep one
happy.  It should be able to handle long distances and yet allow one to
have fun in the twisties.  Over all, my brother-in-law is very happy
with his bike. Had the ST not come out, it would have been a bike that
would have interested me as well. If you would like Russell's e-mail
address so you or your friend can ask any questions, just let me know
off list.

Lisa