Re: [ST] New Models?

I have no real basis for my guesses, but....

I had seen internet-based rumours of a 1300cc 4cyl sportbike. OTOH, how long
can Triumph hang in the market with the TT600 getting such horrible reviews
(at least in US-based media)? That bike needs a serious rework of
bore/stroke/cams to put out a little more power on top, needs to be much
smoother in the lower RPM ranges. I don't think too many sub-30 year olds
can latch onto those vacuum cleaner-like snorkels they call ram air ducts.
Needs some wild graphics too.

A Bonney cruiser? I thought it already IS a cruiser! (It is in my book
anyhow.) A rework of the Sprint(s) sounds good, but how do you improve
perfection? Just kidding. More power would be nice, better suspenders.

A rework of the line is in order. The T-Bird and Bonney compete against each
other. Make one "standard", like the Bonney, and one full-out cruiser, along
the lines of a H-D. But give it individual character, as BMW and Moto Guzzi
both did. Cruisers are a huge market, especially here in the US, and Triumph
is foolish to ignore that.

Lastly, what about smaller, entry-level bikes? Sure the Bonney is OK for
that, but I did personally tell John Bloor (really, I did) that I wish for a
nice 400cc four as a starter bike for my son. Who knows?

Ken M.