[ST] Tea bags and stuff

Kevin (Reservoir Dawg) wrote:

>Perhaps if y'all paid sterling equivalent prices, you might get better
service over there?  The impression I am getting from the list is that you
guys in the US aren't getting the same QOS as we get in the UK.  And yet you
are generally a lot more litigious, have more advanced consumer protection
laws and more efficient markets than we do. So what's that about, then?
Maybe our guys, including, or especially Jack Lilley, do what they do for
love and money, and US dealers do it just for money.

    Or maybe it's because you live in England where Triumph's are made and
we are across the Atlantic Ocean where Triumph dealers are rare and becoming
rarer. Dealers are not thrilled with Triumph's inability to get them parts
in a timely manner. There are lots of Harley dealers in the U.S. and people
standing in line to buy them. Going to the Harley dealer is like going to a
novelty store. It isn't just bikes going out the door. It is all things
Harley. The U.S. Japanese dealers do pretty good business too. There are
lots of sources for aftermarket parts for them and Japanese companies
usually have good parts distribution systems. Plus, they make some nice and
fairly inexpensive bikes.
    I like my ST, but my next bike will likely be Japanese, German or
Italian, unless Buell/Harley comes up with something better than they have
right now. I am losing the will to fuss over getting parts and aftermarket
stuff for my Triumph. The ST is a great bike, but not so great that I need
the hassles. Riding unique machinery isn't always the wonderful way to be.
Royal Enfield's are unique too. La Dee Dah!
    If the problem is unique to ToA, maybe Hinkley had better get off their
collective asses and get things up to speed over here. Otherwise, they may
have to refold the marque or just market them in the Isles and Europe if
times get tough (which may happen sooner than later). Once they have damaged
their reputation sufficiently, they may as well pull out.
    Don't get me wrong. I want them to be successful. But they have to put
in the effort to keep customers happy with their product. You can make great
bikes and still tank if you don't support them properly. If we are not happy
with the resale value now, we will really hate it when/if Triumph bites the
big one again.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------