RE: Triumph FI tunes (was Re: [ST] Bunch of stuff)

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Neil
Lindsey
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:54 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Triumph FI tunes (was Re: [ST] Bunch of stuff)

<snip>

For any given release (current release is Version 11 as far as I know)
Triumph provides three tunes for each type of fuel-injected bike.  Models
that use the larger Sagem MC 2000 Electronic Control Module (ECM) do not
share the same tune files with bikes that use the smaller MC 1000 ECM, but
RS's and newer ST's that use the MC 1000 use the same set of tunes.

One of each group of three tunes is for the production silencer, one is for
the production silencer/catalytic converter combination required for certain
markets, and one for the aftermarket silencer.  All aftermarket cans,
including Triumph's own 'Race' can, use the aftermarket tune.

There are actually 6 tunes per bike available. Three each for the regular
and three each for the performance silencer.  Within each catagory is Non
Catalyst (US Federal) Open Loop Catalyst (California) & Closed Loop Catalyst
(Germany).  I have no clue what the difference is between closed & open loop
catalyst (and I may have mixed them up anyway).

Eric Drayer
'00 ST Blue (California spec in New York with the 5 hp robbing catalytic
brick)