Re: Triumph FI tunes (was Re: [ST] Bunch of stuff)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Drayer"

Catalyst
> (Germany).  I have no clue what the difference is between closed & open
loop
> catalyst (and I may have mixed them up anyway).

Thanks for the clarification.  I have no doubt that you are correct.  I was
going by the info posted on this list a while back by Ross Clifford, who
works for Triumph UK.

He didn't mention anything about California spec (assumed to be open-loop
cc) bikes in his post, but did document the tunes for the closed-loop
catalytic converter setup used in Germany.  And he only quoted one tune for
the German spec bikes. Go figure!

Perhaps this is an example of the KISS principle in operation.  The only
problem IMO is that this ommision actually adds to the confusion about the
tunes.  I know it's all spelled out quite clearly in the documentation that
accompanies each release, but that information doesn't ever seem to make it
in its entirety to lists like this.  I think it is assumed that this
information is for dealers' eyes only.

Neil