Re: [ST] Xenon Bulbs

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Eric Gustafson wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with aftermarket HID Xenon bulbs on the ST?? I
> came across some H4 12v 60/55w bulbs for a decent price, although a brand of
> which I've never heard; Eaglite.
> Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Watch those cheaper priced "xenon" bulbs, some of them are just coated
with a blue coating to make them give off a whiter looking light that
emulates a xenon/HID type bulb.  From what I was when I was looking to
upgrade my Trophy lighting there are very few truely xenon bulbs, PIAA
being one of them but not cheap.

I've not looked into the head of my 99 ST yet to see if better bulbs were
placed or not, but I did notice that the light is pretty white, and that I
can run on high beams at night and I've yet to be "brighted" by an
oncoming driver.  Anyone else notice this?  Is the aim/pattern of the high
beam set well or is it just not bright enough to bother 'em?

I also ran across something that indicated that we only have one bulb hot
at a time, and that there were relay mods that would let you run
both...anyone have anything on that?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail