Re: [ST] QoS

Hmm, could be putting a star beside my name, but AFAIK there are
a few TOA people listening on this list. Would any of them like to
comment on what is being done to better the situation. I know Jerry
and the like are doing about 60 to 80 hours a week worth of work.
But this has been a problem since I started looking at Triumphs
and it would be nice to see some strides taken.

I have a vested interest in Triumph doing well, I own one. And I
would like to think that I will be able to eventually buy another
one. Let alone get parts for my current one.

Alas, I would probably bet it is coming down to bean counters,
someone if being overly cheap. Less inventory at the warehouse
means less carrying costs. But this is quite short sighted, as that
is already probably meaning less bikes sales which of course means
less parts sales.

On the other hand they could up the price of the parts by 2%, of
course if we North Americans don't bitch at all, then the bean
counters will say, hey, more profit, and we will just wind up paying
more.

I don't want to re-live my Triumph parts experience, as I actually
have the 3 bags on my bike. But I still have a loaner black top
box cover. I figure I will give it another couple of months before
I start asking about getting the proper green one.

But again, lets add a little bit of good, except for Euro Cycles
of Tarpon Springs, and waiting for 2 or 3 months for luggage the
only complaints I can think of are

1) had to tighten the bolts on my upper cowling stay

2) wish the side cowling braces had some gussets or other bracing

3) slightly better suspension

4) stop people from coming over to talk to me about my beautiful
bike, they have made me late a couple of time :-)

Random thoughts,
Tom

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Erik Miner wrote:

> I have to agree. When I owned BMW's they could get parts.. ANY parts
> to a dealer in a matter of days! In fact they have a category for
> ordering called VOR   Vehicle Off Road.. if there is a situation
> where a bike is down, BMW can have the part(s) to the dealer in days,
> even if it's a single part air shipped from Germany!  Triumph should
> consider a VOR type of category for emergency orders. Bikes under
> warranty should never be down for weeks and weeks. If mine had the
> problems that some have experienced I wouldn't still own it! There
> are many things I'll put up with but loosing weeks and weeks of
> riding isn't one of them.
>
> Erik

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664