Re: [ST] AQOS

 --- Major Richard Head <rich_triumph@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote: > Motorcycles in the US are not generally seen
as
> transportation.  They are treated like rich boys'
> toys; Lifestyle Accessories(tm).

Aha!  No wonder I got confused!  I thought these
things I've riding almost daily for the last 24 years
were exactly that.  Must be to do with the scale of
things over there. My current spouse (US) thinks it's
weird over here being able to get to the edge of the
country (as she puts it) in just a few hours.  She
can't work out why we don't feel dizzy on such a small
scrap of land surrounded by all that water.  Her
response to my quizzical look in response was that she
was from Texas...!??
 Most Americans see
> little difference between a Personal Water Craft and
> motorcycle.

Er...one has wheels and the other doesn't?  Bikes
don't float? (At least not for long, on the basis of
the last time I tried with a Honda CX 500 that went
off a jetty in Tenerife about 20 years ago in moment
of ill-considered, but spectacular enthusiasm.) If you
did not have CX500s in the States, consider yourselves
fortunate

> Motorcycling is not taken as seriously as your
> God-given right to drive a car. I think that has a
> lot
> to do with it.
>
> Loved your work in "Mall Rats," BTW.

I'd love to take credit for this one, but it wasn't me
guv'nor, honest!

> Rich :)

Kevin