Re: [ST] Updates for St in 2002

>I had the pleasure of speaking with a rep from Triumph who was travelling
>with the Demo Ride Caravan, yesterday.  I specifically asked what was in
>store as far as updates for the Sprint for 2002.  He told me there was
>nothing coming up.  The bike is so good they aren't doing any changes for
>2002.

I hope that's not really Triumph's attitude. It's certainly not their
competition's. The other bike I was looking at before buying the Sprint was
the SV650, but I passed on it because they didn't include the faired
version in the US the first two years.

Suzuki brutally learned their lesson on that one because every magazine
ragged on them for their stupidity. So now they import it. Then all the
magazines had to complain about was the front suspension. So guess what
Suzuki fixed for the 2002 models? Adjustable forks.

If I were a manager for a motorcycle company (or any other product that has
an email list devoted to it for that matter) you can bet I'd be listening
in and seeing what the users want fixed.

Others have mentioned some ideas but these would be mine:

1. Underseat exhaust so it would look cool with the bags off.

2. Remote adjuster on the rear shock to make it easier to go from sport
mode to double up touring mode.

3. Better forks on the front end.

4. Two trip odomoters (or come up with a better way to measure the amount
of fuel left)

5. Redesign the fairing to provide a little more room for the knees.

6. Add a helmet lock for convenience when you're not running with the bags.
And while you're at it, change the position of the seat lock. We shouldn't
have had to come up with our own hack for that one.

What I really don't need: More Power. I'd take less weight first.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300