Re: [ST] More Fork Questions

Rick I found that the bike is plusher.. rides better with the heavier
springs. Why? Cause you aren't adding so much pre load to get the
correct ride height. Keep in mind that with a too soft a spring ,that
to get the ride height correct you have to add a bunch of preload,
this makes things feel harsh. With the correct rate spring for ones
weight the spring can now .. well be springy  :-) My goal with
suspension setup is to get it plush with control. I don't want a bike
so stiff that in the real world on bumpy back roads that the bike
hops all over, I want it to soak up the bumps.. plush with control.
FYI if you use Racetech's ST's weights on their on line setup guide
you will be off by 30lbs or so. Racetech uses Triumphs published dry
weight of 456 and then they add 35lbs for fluids and gas! This would
make the ST weigh 491 wet  Hahaha.. all of the mags have put a wet ST
at 520-530 if you have hard bags add another 30lbs, so an ST wet with
bags is really close to 560 add your weight at 200 lbs so 1kg springs
are it.

Erik

PS: Rick here's the recipe full Ractech on the fronts and an Ohlins
out back.. easy.. oh and for your weight you want a 15kg spring on
the Ohlins.. See no work on your part at all just $$  :-)