[ST] How riding Triumph can save your life - a true story.

Good morning, all you fine people on this list.  I
think the shock has worn off now, thanks in no small
part to the kind messages I had back from some of you
- - it was unexpected and very much appreciated.

The guy has been charged with a shed-load of offences,
from possession of an unlicensed firearm and Class A
drugs, to illegal parking, driving an untaxed,
uninsured vehicle, and not carrying petrol in an
approved container. (I guess it must have been a quite
night at Bethnal Green nick for a charge sheet of such
creativity!) My own take,  from my brief encounter, is
that he was probably more sinned against than sinning,
so he'll probably end up being sentenced to treatment.

And yes, despite the handgun ban, this morning the
radio reported that there was a 100% increase in
handgun-related offences last year.

Anyway, maybe we can now get on with the business of
riding our bikes in peace.

Eric, I don't know how you're going to file this in
archive - how about under "F" for "Folklore" or just
plain "F...ing weird"?.

Finally, it would be a pleasure to meet some of you
American ST people face to face one of these days.
These rallyes you do look like a good excuse for a
holiday.  Maybe the Western next year. Are there any
details posted anywhere yet?  Anyone got any
experience of the relative merits of bringing your own
bike over (and getting insurance for it) vs. hiring
one?

Regards to all

Kevin (Reservoir Dawg)
99 ST