[ST] 24K service

If anyone is interested, I had the 24K service done on the '00 ST this week.
Three valves adjusted (first time adjusted) and a cracked vacuum tube under
the gas tank replaced.  They suggested replacing front wheel bearing and
radiator and brake fluids at 30K service.

Other notes on things, the stock chain was replaced with stock at 18K as
preventive measure.  Stock brake pads replaced at 14K as front disks were
warped (replaced under warranty) and back was ready to be replaced.  Front
still had life, but since I was replacing the disks I felt the pads should
be replaced too (not covered under warranty of replacing disks).  Replace
front with EBC HH sintered and rear with kevlar (ordered sintered pads did
not come in).  Mechanic at 24K service mentioned rear half gone, no mention
of front.  I get about 13K from a front D205 and 8K from a rear D205 (unless
it throws chunks of tread at 70 mph, 1200 miles and 1/2 way through a BB1500
ride, or pick up a nail, 5000 miles).  Relatively no problems with the ST,
great bike.  In 24K on the ST my Harley has only seen 1K.

Also, as the dealer is 100 miles away he is nice enough to let me drop off
on Tuesday night and pick up Thursday night and give me a demo bike to take
home.  Last time it was the Speed Triple.  Lots of fun, but nothing compared
to the Tiger I got this time.  Living in north central PA there are a ton of
forestry roads and the like in the mountains, state forests, and game lands.
The ST takes these roads at about 25 mph max. whereas 40 mph on the Tiger is
a beautiful, smooth ride.  Get in the loose gravel and feel the back end
slide, oh yea, let's go.  Sure the S3 is quick and all, but the Tiger can
take me places the ST can't.  Perhaps it's time to sell the Harley and get a
Tiger.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"