Re: [ST] Re: Tea bags and stuff

I love my Triumph immensely, so don't get me wrong, but my dealer just
closed his doors because he wasn't making money. Believe me when I say
we did our part to keep him in business, not only by spending money with
him, but also spreading the word about how satisfied we were about the
service he provided.  He sold only Triumph, until approx. 6 months ago,
when he picked up MZ.  He also suffered from what we think was a bad
(read not very visible) location.  I think at this point, it's hard to
have a dealer that only sells Triumph, especially in a town that has 2
other Triumph dealers, one of which is quite established.  I'm hoping
that will not be the case in five or so year . . . .

At least we have 2 other dealers in town, but they're both 25-30 + miles
away.  We have only heard bad things about one's service department, so
we'll be going to the other.  We'll probably try to get tires closer to
home and do oil changes ourselves.  Still, when I walk into the "new"
dealership, I'll be asking to talk to the person who will be servicing
my bike.  I want them to look me in the eye, know who I am, and pay
attention to what I have to say about my motorcycle.  I had this at
Motorcycle Mania, and it's not something I'm willing to give up.  If the
mechanic from Mania was going to another dealership, I would go to that
dealership in a heartbeat, even if I had to ride several hours to get
there . . . .

Lisa