[ST] Parts problems & stepper motor housings

With all the talk of parts distribution problems I've been kind of perplexed
because while it has taken over 6 weeks now to diagnose and/or fix my ST the
one problem I have not had is getting parts.

While I was there this morning I asked about it and he said he very rarely has
problems getting parts quickly.  That has certainly held true in my experience
there.  I had a new ECM the day after it was ordered and there was no concern
about getting valves, or any related parts when that was thought to be the
problem.  It seems to be like it might be more a problem with the dealerships
and their relationship with Triumph than a problem that Triumph has
distributing parts.

I also asked about how he dealt with the stepper motor housing and he brought a
spare one out of his stock and showed it to me.  The seam where the box comes
together is where they leak.  He said he sees that problem all the time and
rather than replacing them he "heat seals" them all the way around with a
soldering iron. Basically melting them shut.  This eliminates all leaks and/or
potential leaks.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST