Re: [ST] Parts problems & stepper motor housings

On 4 Aug 2001, at 17:13, Steve Bergman wrote:

> While I was there this morning I asked about it and he said
> he very rarely has problems getting parts quickly.  That has
> certainly held true in my experience there.  I had a new ECM
> the day after it was ordered and there was no concern about
> getting valves, or any related parts when that was thought to
> be the problem.  It seems to be like it might be more a
> problem with the dealerships and their relationship with
> Triumph than a problem that Triumph has distributing parts.

I know that in my case (stepper motor, housing, etc.), the shop
service manager (Eli) had been in direct communication with
Jarry Parish on multiple occasions.  He (Eli) had been assured
that the part was going to ship on Thursday, 7/26, overnight,
yet instead it arrived the following Wednesday, 8/2.  Prior to
that, he had not been able to get any information from TOA
regarding when/if the part would ship.  In this case, I don't
think it had anything to do with the dealer...

> I also asked about how he dealt with the stepper motor
> housing and he brought a spare one out of his stock and showed
> it to me.  The seam where the box comes together is where they
> leak.  He said he sees that problem all the time and rather
> than replacing them he "heat seals" them all the way around
> with a soldering iron. Basically melting them shut.  This
> eliminates all leaks and/or potential leaks.

How does he check to be sure it is sealed after he performs this
operation?  Is he sure he's getting it sealed, or is there the
possibility that it is still leaking?  In your case, has he
tried putting on a completely new, unmodified (by him) unit?

- -Keith
'00 RS (on the road again)