Good news for Triumph in Australia

I was reading the Australian Motorcycle News today, and they've got
statistics for sales the first four months of this year.  The good news is
that Triumph pretty much tops two of the categories

- - for the "naked" bike category the Bonneville is a clear winner, and it's
the 12th best selling bike in Australia as well (off road bikes, followed
by sports bikes are the best selling categories overall).

- - for sports tourers, the Sprint ST is third (10% less sales than the
top-seller in the category, the VTR-1000F) - but if you were to include
sales of the Sprint RS as well (9th best on its own) then the Sprint's
could be considered the top sellers.

Overall Triumph sales here are up 81% this year, with Gary McDonnell of
Triumph quoted as saying "Our flagships are definitely going to be the
Sprint ST, Bonnie and Bonnie America.  The America because it's new, the
Bonnie because it's only just beginning to fulfill its backorders, and the
ST because its evergreen ((BRG is obviously the colour of success))- and
because there's still room out there for good, ergonically sound motorcycles"

The overall numbers of bike registrations is still pretty small - the best
seller, the Yamaha WR400F only sold 228 bikes in this 4 month period (the
Bonnie sold 175) - but our population is still only around 19 million.

Does anyone have comparative figures for other countries?

Phil
BRG 2000 ST