Re: [ST] Sore hands in Aus

>From: "tim ." <tims_postbox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>does anyone have any suggestions or exercises that can help build up hand
>mussels?  Before I got the sprint I had a four year gap when I didn't do
>much riding.  Now when I'm riding for more than an hour my wrist's start to
>hurt and fingers start to numb in any conditions.

Strengthening your hands isn't going to help.  Strengthening your abs might,
though.  If your wrists and hands are hurting or going numb, you are likely
not riding correctly.  The handle bars are for handling, not hanging on.
Proper technique is to press your knees into the tank and hold your body up
with your trunk (abs and lower back muscles). Your hands should be very
light on the bars, even while cornering.

The numbness you are feeling is a warning sign.  Continued abuse can lead to
ulnar neuropathy (handlebar palsy) or median nerve damage.  If you do not
correct the cause, the condition can become premanent.