Re: [ST] oh no, oil leak

brd wrote:

> Still, I don't know if I trust the bike anymore or if I should feel
> comfortable riding it long distances (or short ones, for that matter).

I certainly wouldn't worry about a "drop a week" leak, but do keep an
eye on it. Ride, son, ride!

> I think I'll talk to the guys at RPM and see what they can do, but I'm
> guessing nothing short of tearing down the engine will fix this?

I'd guess the gasket wasn't installed correctly, and thus is leaking. If
this is correct, yes, you'll have to pull the engine and split the case
to replace it, but I don't think it'll be a complete tear-down. It looks
like it'll be one of those "$500 in labor to replace a $5 part"
problems. :-(

If it were me, I'd try to get a free repair first. If that didn't work,
$505 would buy a lot of degreaser and oil...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA