[ST] Cash for crashes on foot and mouth mats

Riders who crashed on disinfected mats put down to curb the spread
of foot and mouth could get compensation.

Carole Nash is investigating a batch of 23 claims. If the claims
are successful, it could open the floodgates for hundreds of other
riders.  Dave Bowcock, manager of the insurance firm's claims
service, said: " We are looking at a number of cases and trying to
establish liability.  There are a number of factors to be taken
into account including who placed the mats, under what authority,
whether they were a clear obstruction, whether warning signs were
placed and even whether there was an element of rider error. "

Even if you're not insured with Carole Nash, the firm's Claims
Service will pursue your claim on no win no fee basis.

" If the claim is deemed in our client's favour, all repair and
injury costs will be recovered and in addition any no claims bonus
will be unaffected. "

Andrew Evans, from Eccles in North Yorkshire, was one victim. " I
was riding my FZR400 near Skipton, North Yorks, when I came around
the corner to find it covered with loose disinfectant straw. I lost
the front end and came down on my shoulder.  " I popped my collar-bone
and smashed all the front of the bike. I'm so happy that someone
can actually fight this case - I've really been able to sit back
and do nothing since the solicitors took over. " Details:
0800-2985533.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=212132&documentID=85367

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664