[ST] The RS fuel consumption debate

There seem to have been quite a few posts regarding poor RS fuel
consumption, particularly when compared to the ST.  Just thought I'd add my
early experiences.

Whilst I've been running in the RS I haven't really bothered checking the
fuel consumption.  Anyway today was the first full tank since completing the
running in schedule and this time I made a note of my mileage and how much
went in the tank.

Fuel = 18.24 litres (4.01 Imp. gallons)
Mileage = 363 km (225.56 miles)
Consumption = 5.02 l/100km (56 mpg)

My riding has included my daily commute which is approx 50 km each way
consisting of a mixture of twisties, fast motorway 140 km/h (90 mph) and
city centre (stop/start), plus a few hoons around the countryside.  I should
add that the bike is totally standard (apart from belly pan and hugger) and
has of course been through the running in service, so it's using Mobil 1
oil.  I should also point out that I have been pushing the bike hard during
the last stages of running in (i.e. taking it to 8000 rpm).

Frankly I'm well impressed.  Such figures bode well for long distance
touring, meaning fewer fuel stops and more riding!

Andy