Re: [ST] Stolen (Waaa!)

My 91 EX500 was stolen last November, and I happened to have
comprehensive on it, so I got a settlement from them.

The insurance company wants to wait a reasonable amount of time,
usually 3-4 weeks, to make sure that the bike isn't going to turn
up again, after which they'll come up with a settlement.  In the case
of my bike, it was ten years old, they found a couple of comparable
bikes for sale, adjusted for differences (e.g. one of the comps they
found was a 93, so they knocked a couple hundred bucks off the price)
and offered me the average, minus my deductible.

I'm not sure what will happen with a brand new bike, but I'd expect
you will get something close to but not quite full replacement price.
I could be wrong.

My insurance is with State Farm, and they were very good about dealing
with the claim.

- -Patti