Re: [ST] Air Filter Location and Aftermarket Can Tune

by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Where is the air filter located.  I
> have a suspicion that it is under the tank, but I dont want to start
> unbolting things if I dont have to.

Yep, it's under the tank in the airbox. I'd recommend purchasing the
shop manual for the bike if you're going to try and do it yourself. (You
can probably get away without the manual if this is the only work you're
ever going to do on the bike yourself, though.)

> So my next question is;  what tune should the dealer put into
> the bike for this combination.

There's only one other tune that will work on your bike: the
performance/race tune. It's the tune that gets loaded when you buy one
of Triumph's race cans, and does double-duty for any other brand
aftermarket exhaust.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA