[ST] Re: Blue Flame

Went to fit the new can and unfortunately I encountered a few problems
trying to fit it.  I later found out that an "L" shaped bracket similar to
that which is attached on the stock pipe should have been included in the
box.  Blue Flame have been brilliant and very apologetic and will send out a
non-finished bracket in the post today.  If it fits correctly, they are
happy to pay for the old can (which I had slightly damaged in trying to fit
it) and bracket to be returned to them and they will send out a completely
new finished can and bracket.  They are happy to pay my postage.  Can't say
fairer than that.  The finish on the can is excellent and they supply a
large blue flame plastic logo that you can choose to attach to the can if
you don't mind the law seeing it's not stock.  For the same legal reasons
"Not for Road Use" is stamped on the can's leading edge flange.

I see no reason why the new bracket won't work.

First Impressions:

I went out for a short ride with the incorrectly fitted pipe and for me the
sound is just perfect.  On the web site they claim a twin tone.  I found
that one of the two tones seems to mimic the induction noise and to my ear
it was difficult to discern the difference between the induction and exhaust
thereby falsely making the induction noise much louder the harder the engine
was pushed.  Whoopee !  The other tone is very deep and and cavernous and is
particularly noticable at idle.  This tone really suits the bike's
character.  The second tone does not get noticably louder the harder the
engine runs in comparison to all the other noises from the bike as the speed
picks up but no doubt it does otherwise it would get drowned out by that
enhanced induction sounding noise coming on song.  I had a good excuse to
send it all back if I didn't like the sound but I am hooked.

How loud is it?  Well that's as difficult to answer as trying to describe
the sounds.  I've heard far, far louder than this baby but against the stock
it is noticably louder.  I feel that it is not so loud so as neighbours will
hear me winging my way out of my suburb for several minutes but it is loud
enough to get noticed as you approach and ride by.  Unlike the stock can
which Howlin' Dawg made me laugh by describing how he "hated hearing the
indicator relay whilst sitting at junctions waiting to turn".  Suffice to
say I would be happy to go long distances with the new level of noise.

I'll confirm tomorrow if the bracket and all fits OK.

Black Dawg