[ST] Damping adjustment

Neil Lindsay wrote:
I notice that there is what appears to be an adjusting
screw located near
the bottom of the rear shock on my ST.  I assume that
this is for adjusting
the damping rate, but I don't remember seing any
reference to it in either
the owner's manual or the service manual.  As I
recall, the owner's manual
only covered the preload adjustment thru the access
hole in the frame.

Neil,

You're right, it's for rebound damping. It's mentioned
in the owner's handbook, on the same page as the table
showing the other suspension settings.  I can't
remember the exact settings in terms of number of
turns out, but I find that riding on the "Soft"
settings in the book is enough for spirited riding for
me, but then I'm only c.150 lbs. I expect you'll need
"normal" to "firm".

Kevin (Reservoir Dawg)
99 ST
London