Re: [ST] Helmets (one more time)

> OK, just looking for some input from anyone that has ever ridden with the
> Shoei X-SP II.  > Now for the clincher - $495 (under cuts both online
helmet shops by at least
> $50).  I couldn't believe it.  Plus, it comes with very nice bag and a
> tinted shield.  And the pearl white and blue look great with the ST.

I have a Shoei X-SP I and it is probably the worst fogging and most poorly
ventilated helmet I have owned in the past 15 years. I know they have
changed the venting on the II but I wouldn't take the chance again. It is
very comfortable on the head, lightweight and the cheek pads do loosen up.
The removable lining is a nice feature.
It fogs and will not unfog unless you crack it open almost all the time.
It's got a lot of venting options but gets really noisy when you open them
up for coolness. The RF 900 is a much better buy for the money---my wife and
son both ride with the 900 and are very happy with venting and noise levels.
I had a 700 and a 800 and loved them both.    Check Competition Accessories
for the X-SP II if you are bent on buying one.  I paid $400 for my mine when
they were selling for like $575.  Maybe the II is a lot better.   Jim