RE: [ST] Deer and other problems

>I guess that's why they add a few deer something to keep the excitement
>level up.

Had my own close encounter with a deer this weekend, although with a
happier ending than Andrew's. I was riding down hwy 101 near Garberville on
a twisty 4 lane section doing about 80. Came around one corner to find
Bambi standing right on the fog line, just about where I was planning on
apexing the turn. Even though the deer was right in the open, it was
beautifully camoflouged against the background and only when it moved its
head did I see it. Quickly I shifted the bike to the other side of the lane
and as I rapidly approached it I was hoping it wouldn't dart my way.
Fortunately it stayed there, but it was looking like it wanted to cross the
highway, not a good idea. Also fortunately, mommy deer and any other
relatives didn't show up.

The other problem on the trip was that the Sprint started exhibiting the
same problems that it did in Colorado during the rallye. It seems to show
up only when driven in stop and go traffic in the heat, two conditions that
don't exist in Ferndale so it may be hard to diagnose. It made driving in
the Bay Area very interesting though. I spent several hours lane splitting
hoping the bike wouldn't stall. I'm glad we can lane split in California,
but I sure don't like to have to do it for hours at a time.

For those of you considering moving to California, don't. It's an ugly
state, with rotten weather and rude people. Tell your friends and neighbors.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643