Re: RE: [ST] Triumph to WSBK?

I'm worried by this because this same dealer has had to return at least two Sprint RS' because they were total lemons. They tried and tried to fix them but finally Triumph threw in the towel and replaced the entire bike. This worries me because I have never, in 27 years of riding, known this to happen to a Japanese bike. I'm sure it does happen, but I am not aware of this. I am aware of at least one BMW that has been unfixable (a 1999 R1100RT). At least Triumph has the decency to admit when it builds a lemon and rectify the situation (the guy with the Beemer ended up having to trade his in on a newer model), but Triumph is soon going to be past its resurrection grace period. Soon people will get over the fact the company has risen from the grave and start judging it on the quality of its product. I'm not sure what exactly happened in the example below, but if the very first example of Triumph's latest and greatest motorcycle to hit our region proves to be a lemmon, that worries me because it doesn't bode well for Triumph's long-term success.

As for worrying about what the magazines say, frankly these sort of repair issues are beyond the scope of what most magazines can report, except in long-term tests. And most magazines don't rack up the kind of miles on their long term test bikes to really give much useful information on reliability and repair frequencies.

And what in the hell is a "Spondon 955"?

>>> "Ashley Bennett" <spondon955@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 8/20/01 10:28 PM >>>
Why are you worried by this ? A guy didn't like the bike when he rode it, so
what. Everyone I know that has ridden one loves it including almost all the
mags and me. The bike is awesome but wont suit everyone. If the bike had
been panned by all the magazines then it would be a worrying problem.
Ashley
Spondon 955
'95 Speed Triple

> One of our local dealers pre-sold his first 02 Daytona (the only one I've
seen locally yet), but after one ride, the guy refused to take it. I don't
know the details, but this is a worrisome development.