[ST] Fuel economy update

Just read Steve "UnderDawg" Duncan's hard numbers including his fuel
economy report and that reminded me that I should post an update.  Much
earlier this year I reported that I had been using much more fuel since
my 6,000 mile tuneup where they had also loaded in a new tune.  At that
time it prompted a few "me too" posts and may have generated some
concerns about the tune (whatever it was that was current last Fall).

Well I think that that problem has now been fixed.

For the two days at the Rallye I averaged 50mpg and 50.5 mpg
respectively.  Certainly nothing to complain about.

Shortly before the Rallye I finally decided to have a different dealer
than had loaded the tune check my CO level.  He found it was at 8% !!!
This was adjusted back down to the recommended 3%.  I immediately
noticed much better idling characteristics and smoother power deliver
with more power pulling away from a stop.

Having had the bike running so rich for so long I'm seriously thinking
of pulling my spark plugs to make sure they look OK.

For me the bottom line is the bike is running better than it has for
quite some time, and is exhibiting excellent fuel economy as well.  I'm
happy.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL