[ST] Radiator leak

Just a FYI on local dealer.
After arriving home from the Western TSRA Rally I noticed some water spots
on the fairing of my '99 ST but didn't think much about it since I had
washed it that Saturday.  After a Sunday morning ride a few weeks later I
noticed a few drops of antifreeze on the floor near the front of the bike.
Assuming it was a loose hose I got to poking around only to find fluid
coming out of the center of the radiator away from any seam or hose.  There
were no stone or bug hits in the area of the leak.

My first paralyzing thought was that my warranty had expired 30 days
previous.  I called Engle Motorcycles in Kansas City, MO to get it in and
looked at.  Upon getting it in they said they would turn it in under
warranty and see what TOA would do for me.  Three days later they called to
say a new warranty radiator was on order and should arrive in a couple of
weeks.  It took 4 weeks to get and was installed in 2 days (along with 6K
service).

At $540.00 I am grateful to Engle and Triumph for standing behind the
product.

MO Dawg Wisner

End of st-digest V2001 #508