Re: [ST] Triumph to WSBK

Better check your records, Ashley. Fogarty was the last rider to win five in a row...way back in 1993, and he didn't win the championship that year. Let's see, who won the championship in 1993? Why, that was another American: Scott Russell! And who has won the most WSB races in a row? Yet another American, Doug Polen, who won 7 races in 1992, and also the championship that year. Fogarty was great, I'll grant you that, but other than Fogarty, what racers of note have the Brits given us over the past couple of decades? When was the last time a Brit won a GP in the dry? And given that Jeremy McWilliams is Irish, and not a bedwetting English type, his win at Assen in the rain hardly vindicates the English. I can't even remember the last time and Englishman won a GP race. I do know it predates the advent of the Internet.

I wave my private parts at your auntie, you snivelling English pig dog.

>>> "Ashley Bennett" <spondon955@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 8/23/01 2:05 AM >>>
That would have been the mighty Carl Fogarty almost every year he raced.
Consistency is the key to winning the championship.
Ashley
Spondon 955
'95 Speed Triple