Re: [ST] Long trip/deer whistle/bison/ST/Fuel grade.

Tony B. wrote:

> On the wildlife side of things.. some time ago I
> promised to research deer whistles.. Andrews recent
> misshap, combined with a handfull of near deer
> collisions on my way here, prompted me to ask around a
> little bit, other black  hills residents swear by
> them, Mom included, they are most effective above
> 35MPH.. I am instaling them on the bike tomorow
> morning and heading back to WA sat morning.

Urgh. You can find plenty of anecdotal evidence for either side, but I
prefer to look towards scientific studies for more reliable answers. You
may want to look at <http://www.tfb.com/sdmc/deer-whistle.html>, or
<http://www.ibmwr.org/prodreview/deerwsle.html> (somewhat redundant), or
<http://www.usroads.com/journals/rmj/9705/rm970503.htm> (cites both the
Georgia Game and Fish and the Ohio State Police), or
<http://martin.ces.state.nc.us/newsletters/newsarticles/twigs/deerwhistles.html>
(indirectly cites several other studies), or
<http://www.exnet.iastate.edu/Publications/PM1302G.pdf>.

Sorry none of these are the direct sources...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA