RE: [ST] Triumph to WSBK

> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:42:55 +1000
> From: "Ashley Bennett" <spondon955@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: RE: [ST] Triumph to WSBK?
> A Spondon 955i is a 955i engine in a Spondon alloy frame, obvious when you
> think about it really ;-)

I never really put two and two together on the name 'Spondon' until I saw it
on a signpost going through Derby UK earlier this year. Is this right,
Spondon the place, rather than Bill Spondon (or some such)?

BTW, I'm one of those who sees much to be admired in the creativity and
individuality of your bike - as opposed to some of the vitriol you (perhaps
inadvertently) stirred up on the T5tech list!

> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:49:23 +1000
> From: "Ashley Bennett" <spondon955@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I really don't know what you are on about, who gives a shit which
> Yank won a race in 1992. I don't really follow the GP's so I
> couldn't care less. Scott Russell won the championship how many
> times, was it 4 oh no that was Foggy.

However, one of the things I find more distasteful about the said T5tech
list is the tenor of the polemic contained therein. It'd be sad to see the
more respectful forum of the ST list go down the same road!

Regards UK road racing greats, I'm lucky, I'm old enough to remember the
days when we had more than our fair share!

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx