[ST] Rallye Thoughts

I can't believe it was only a week ago I was in NC for the Rallye. Man, was
it tough to come home and get back to the daily grind. What a great event!
I've been thinking about it all week, reliving the weekend, and have a
couple of thoughts to share. I'm not going to tell you all again how
wonderful the roads were (though they were that), or how much work Eric and
Lisa put into making the Rallye a success (though I'm wondering how they got
anything else done in their lives with all they did).

I am going to tell you what a great group of people the Dawgs are.
Truthfully, I was a little apprehensive going to the Rallye. I don't usually
ride with groups and the idea of getting 50 or so sport riders together
seemed a bit, um, sketchy. Certainly, the possibility of testosterone
induced craziness (not to be confused with simply spirited riding) was high.
Yes, there were a couple of incidents of varying severity, but it was much
less than I expected. Also, the respect shown to all the riders was
tremendous. Everyone was able to ride their pace, enhancing the experience
for all.

That was just the riding. Back at the Inn, it was great to meet so many
fellow Triumph riders, including more than a few of the people from the
list. It was odd reading the list this week, since I now heard everyone's
voices (not the first time I've been accused of that!), had faces to put
with names, and personalities to put with posts. Definitley a pleasant
dividend of the trip.

If you're at all able, make plans to go to a Rallye (or two) next year.
You'll have a great time. Guaranteed. (And if you're like Keith, you won't
be able to keep your pants on!)
- --
Terry "Grizzly Dawg" Lewis
Alexandria, VA