Re: [ST] significant oil consumption

Wellllll, not exactly fixed.  It's just not slinging oil out the airbox
drain hose anymore.  My bike cleared the sightglass on the way home.  About
1/2-3/4 of a quart in 620 miles.  Now keep in mind I ran 5k rpm(85-90 mph)
the whole way home in 160-180 mile shots.  I made it home in about 8 hours.
The bike has been in the shop since the Tues after Rallye(yes the
widthdrawls are really kickin') and they just got too it Sat.  To top it off
I'm planning on leaving Friday to try to got to PA for the Labor Day
weekend.  I see another mad Thursday rush to pick up the bike coming.  I'm
burning some serious bad karma here.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

<<
Last year at the Eastern Rallye/on the way home, my bike consumed
approx. 1 quart of oil (in 2,500 miles), which it had not done before.
I had my dealer check it out, and the valve seals in one cylinder needed
replacing.  Kohlscheen had a problem more like yours and had it fixed at
the Rallye, but I can't remember exactly what he had fixed . . . .
Steven, what was it?