[ST] Returned home/Deer whistles-n-stuff

OK, heres the scoop on deer whistles. I just read all
the posts and I fully agree, they DO NOT work worth a
shit!!!. they have been removed from the bike. I saw
more deer on the way back then there (slightly
different route) when you come up w/a bison whistle,
lemme know!!!!!

A few basic observations....

1. Where there is no helmet law, people WILL NOT wear
helmets. only the rarest exception. I did and VERY few
others.

2.  Deer whistles are all but useless (sorry Andrew)
:)

3.  the midwest is beautyfull!!! great roads are the
rule, not the exception

4.  The Triumph ran flawlessly over the entire 3500
miles, even better once switched to premium 92.

I averaged 46mpg (us) and got a top speed of about 160
mph as indicated by speedo, I was pulled over by
montana state patrol, buzzed right by him doing
140mph, I saw him and just pulled over.. he got to me
a minute or so later and told me "son, slow down, your
a long ways from any medical attention" and drove
away. I didnt even get to say a word. I knew I was
going to jail.. but hey  :)the roads are long and
straight as the eye can see on some places.

I got to ride a confederate!! YEEEHAAWWWW grin factor
of 107%, Triumphs cruiser better be pretty damn good
to dwarf one of these things!!! The sprint performs
better in every way except outright acceleration and
torque. It belongs to a long time friend so we traded
bikes for about a half hour (trading bikes is
something I just dont do, usually) but the fair market
value of a confederate is considerably higher than a
new sprint, so we did it.  I truly love it, great
bike, but very loud/very very fast. cant corner or
stop to well, even with twin disks. I gotta have one!
as long as the road was straight I could not catch
him, he walks away from the word go and by the time
120 mph hits, he is well ahead of me, and Im deafened
by the noise. when the road curves the tables turn.

Bison pics coming in the next day or so.

Tony Burke 00' Sprint ST  (still pretty damn red under
all the insects-red)