[ST] R.A.T. Yankee Raid anyone?

Wondering if any of the list members here are planning to attend the (U.S.)
R.A.T. "Yankee Raid" in Vermont coming up September 13-16?

I am attending. I did this event last year and really had a great time. I
plan on taking a semi-leisurely ride up from south/central Massachusetts,
picking up a rider or two from CT in western MA, and heading up to VT.

This year, the original organizer, Peter Ianniciello will present a little
bit of rider education, as he's a certified MSF instructor with the
Massachusetts Rider Education Program. Nice freebie! Also, as I did last
year, I am offering to lead a "sport ride" on Friday September 14. If
there's lots of interest, I can do another on that Saturday. Last year, only
Jim-Karl and Robert Andre wanted to ride, so we took part of my route and
part of Jim-Karl's, and we wound up in Lake Placid for lunch. Can't tell the
speeds we hit, but suffice to say I reached my limit! I don't think I'd want
to do that with riders I don't know again, though it *was* a lot a fun and
those two Canadiens are very highly skilled riders.

I would REALLY like to see more list members show up for this one. It's not
quite Route 28 down south, but these are still really nice roads, scenic
vistas (or so I'm told, I was going too fast to notice). Of course, there
will be some very sane rides, filled with stops at points of interest (lots
of them in VT) on all days, so all types of riders are accomodated. Last
year, we had everything from a brand new rider hitting his first thousand
miles to some very experienced riders who have come full circle and have now
slowed down to enjoy the views. I expect the same this time.

Of note, however, is the fantastic food at the Autumn Harvest Inn. Breakfast
and evening dinner is included in the room cost, so DO NOT be discouraged by
the cost. I'm a cheapskate, and my stay there last year was definitley
"worth it". The Saturday night barbeque they put on is world-class good, (as
are the nice raffle gifts that were donated by TOA.) Great people + great
bikes = great time!

PLEASE consider making the time to do this one. It is the type of event that
really can make all riders glad they came. Trust me on this. Make you
reservations now, there are only a few rooms left reserved for the R.A.T.
group. (Hint: No one is checking membership cards!)

The number is:

802-433-1355
Ask for Carolyn White, she knows all about the group rate.

If you are attending and wish to join my ride up on Thursday, let me know.
I'd love to have you along.

Ken M.