Re: [ST] clutch cables

> Mine failed at exactly the same mileage - 3700!
>
> It was replaced under warranty with a cable with a different part
> number. Apparently the "old" cable has been replaced with a better
> product - not shiny though, covered with black matt paint.
>
> Why does it cost $120? The dealer in the UK fitted the new one in under
> 10 minutes and adjusted it to my liking.

The service rep said that the Triumph warranty didn't cover cables.  I had to
call Triumph USA in GA and get them to talk to my service rep.

The 120 was for an hour of service plus the part.  They charge a min of an hour
for everything and their hourly rates are pretty high.  If it hadn't been
under warranty I would have done it myself.

Wes

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vax  a vicious creature known to eat 110AC and quotes through its
*DCL*.  Vax are usually found in groups of Vaxen called clusters where
they lay in wait to ravage their prey known as users.