[ST] RE: (ST) Howlin's missing bike

> Yeap, as soon as marriage comes into the picture the bikes start
> leaving for greener pastures:-)

I just knew I could depend on the old Rude Dog to get a dig in! ;)

Actually I bought both a Futura and a Speed Triple within a two week period and
Fiona never batted an eyelid. Just as long as I hadn't spent the honeymoon money
of course. :)

However, you're closer to the truth than you know. I plan on selling both the
Guzzi 1100 sport and the Futura over the next few months and will be 'reduced'
to just an ST and Speed Triple. (Go on, ask me if I'm a happy guy!!!)

For anyone interested, I've thoroughly tested the Futura at this point for
commuting, long distance, two up ability and on track. Basically, out of the box
it spanks the STs butt on everything other than Cosmetics, mirrors and two up
touring ability! Also , Aprilia parts are aproximately twice the price of
equivelant Triumph parts!! (Tank IRP1750 vs IRP850, Brake lever IRP115 vs IRP65)
I know that's not going to be a popular opinion on this list but there it is.
I'm selling my Futura because pillion comfort is important to me and my ST with
all it's mods is very slightly better for the type of use I have for a bike.
Bearing in mind that the Futura is considerably cheaper than the ST I think that
Triumph are in real danger of losing market share here. I don't think a few
extra horsepower will keep them in the game either. The motor is still at least
a match for the Futura and is better than the VFR but the overall package just
isn't quite as rounded anymore.

Most of the magazine reviews seem to rate the sports tourers as     1: VFR,
2: ST,     3: Futura.
Having used them all extensively I'd rate them                    1: Futura,
2: ST          3: VFR.
When a pillion is brought into the equation that becomes          1: ST,     2:
Futura,     3: VFR

Martin (Howlin' Dawg) Fay
Ireland,

'01 Aprilia Futura
'00 Speed Triple
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'95 Moto Guzzi 1100 sport

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software