[ST] For our Sweden based listers

Before I even do this year's tour of NW America I am planning next year's
big trip. As one option I am looking at visiting friends in Lund (near
Malmo), St Petersburg, Kiev and Berlin. The obvious way is to ferry across
to Esbjerg, drive across Denmark and the new crossing to Malmo followed by
either a circumnavigation of the Baltic and Gulf of Bothnia or a crossing
from Stockholm to Helsinki to save time.
The questions are: is there a ferry connection between Stockholm and
Finland? OR Is the longer trip worth while and are the roads interesting
enough to make the extra three days or so that it looks like on the atlas
worth while? Is Sweden as expensive to travel through as it seemed on a
short business trip?
Thanks for any advice on this matter.

David with the (goes like) Clockwork Orange RS