[ST] futura

Blake wrote:

>Remember that the Futuras come with hard bags as part of the base price,
though. My ST ended up being over $13K out the door (panniers, heated
grips, race pipe), which seems to be near the going price for the Futura

Blake,
    My '99 ST was $10,500 out the door including the panniers and luggage
rack in July, 1999. With a topbox ($400), heated grips ($135), race can
($270) and tall windshield ($80), it still wouldn't have been $13,000. I
picked it over a BMW 1100S because the ST was a great value considering how
well it performed.
    I am sure the Futura is a very nice bike. Up here in the Twin Cities,
Minnesota, I am not aware of a single Aprilia dealer, but there are 3
Triumph dealers (actually 2 are out of town). What do you do for parts,
service and aftermarket stuff? Aprilias are rather uncommon, much moreso
than Triumphs and sometimes it is very difficult getting stuff for them. If
a bike is rock solid reliable, needs next to no servicing, and comes fully
and perfectly equipped for your needs, none of this is a problem though. By
the way, I do like the looks of the Futura.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------