[ST] RE: Negative Handling Report for Dunlop 205's

We've had just the opposite experience with the D205s.  We ran D205s on
the rear and D207s on the front for approx. 24,000 miles on two STs and
did not have a problem with them.  The instability you experienced
around 18 wheelers when you are fully loaded is not completely dependant
on the tires.  In fact, we've experienced that instability no matter
what tires we've had no the bike because of the "wind" coming off of the
18 wheelers.  Add in a cross wind and it only exacerbates the
situation.  We probably should adjust the suspension as this is probably
contributes to this problem, as you found out.

The Dunlops do stick like glue and while we are now trying Pirelli
Dragon GTS tires, because of their cost, we quite probably will go back
with the D207/D205 combintation after the front GTSs wears out on both
bikes.

Of course, I also know that different people like different tires.  For
instance, Richard's ridden an ST with Metzlers on it and did not like
the feel, but the owner of the bike did.  A certain amount of this is
personal preference . . . . :-)!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas
'99 Sprint ST