[ST] filtering

In the UK we can filter through lanes of stationary or slow-moving
traffic -- and this is where loud(-ish) pipes definitely (IMO, and
experience) help to wake cagers up, so maybe they won't change lanes as
you're passing.

my 1.5p

Tim
'01 RS
Cambridge UK

In California, we filter through traffic, too. I do it every day. So I still
haven't seen any advantage of loud pipes. It's pretty much hte same, I never
hear them until they are beside me, then it just pisses me off! A moderate
amount of noise is OK but htese guys goint by at 100+ decibels don't make me
happy, so I can see where the non-bikers can really get annoyed. I have
Triumph's carbon can on my RS and it's not very loud, but I'm sure there are
those who don't like that, either! It's sure not going to wake up the
sleeping cager.
Bare