[ST] High milage Sprints

I have just turned 49,000 miles on my '99 ST.  Unfortunately, I seem to have been a victim of valve seat wear as at my
last service I was informed that some of the valves had reached the limit of adjustment (no thinner shims are available)
and that I should figure on a valve job at the next major service.  I find this a bit upsetting as I have always followed the
maintenance schedule religously with 3,000 mile oil changes.  I had planned to buy a new '02 this spring, but I don't
believe that in only 50,000 miles I should be doing major engine repair, so I will probably look at other bikes.  That is
regrettable, as  I have in general enjoyed the ST.

Larry Murdock
Dawgnabit